Last night, I did my first recipe for the 2013 Cooking Challenge. I had ask the family what they wanted and they answer that I got was...Something hearty!
Yesterday was a pretty cold and snowy day so when I was looking through the reciepes the meatloaf really stood out.
Now I know meatloaf gets a bad wrap but you should seriously try this recipe. It came out extremely moist and flavorful. The only changes that I made to this particular recipe was that instead of making mini-personalized loafs, I just made one big loaf on a cooking sheet and increased the time to make sure it was cooked all of the way through.
Individual Garlic Meatloaves
- Cooking spray
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line the bottom of a broiler pan with foil; coat rack with cooking spray. Place egg in a large owl, stirring well with a whisk. Add 1/2 cup ketchup and next 3 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add beef and oats. Using hands, gently mix just until blended. Shape meat mixture evenly into 6 small loaves; place loaves on the rack of prepared pan. Spread remaining 1/4 cup ketchup over loaves.
- Bake at 350° for 39 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°
Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed the first recipe of the series! Stayed tuned for WW berry cobbler!
And as always, I love comments, and I love you for reading!